Student Select Health Insurance
With all of your college expenses, paying for health insurance probably isn't your highest priority. But going without health insurance could put you at serious financial risk.
Student Select is permanent, renewable individual health insurance that is designed specifically for college students under the age of 30. With Student Select you're covered year-round, not just during the school term. And, if for any reason you have to leave school, Student Select stays with you for the remainder of the policy year... and then it's guaranteed renewable as long as it's needed.
Is Student Select Right for You?
Student Select insurance may be an ideal choice for you if:
- You are no longer covered as a dependant under your parent's plan?
- You are attending school outside of your parents' HMO or PPO region?
- You are required to have coverage, but choose not to participate in a college-sponsored plan?
- You have found that a traditional individual medical or other current coverage is too expensive?
Are You Eligible for Coverage?
You're eligible for coverage if you meet these requirements:
- If you are an undergraduate, you must be carrying at least nine credit hours. Some schools operate on a quarterly schedule in which full-time undergraduate status is six to eight credits per term. If this is your situation, you will also be eligible for coverage.
- If you are a graduate student, you must meet the graduate student guidelines of the college or university for full-time student status.
- You must attend a state-accredited college or university. (Please check with your college or university to see if the school is listed in the 2001 Higher Education Directory.)
- You must be under the age of 30 and be able to answer "NO" to the medical questions on the application.
- You must be a full-time student for a minimum of 31 days following the effective date of your policy.
Student Select Medical insurance provides comprehensive temporary medical insurance for 30 to 365 days, providing benefits for a wide range of medical services including: physician services, prescriptions, X-ray and laboratory services, inpatient hospital stays, inpatient and outpatient surgeries, skilled nursing facility care, home health care, and more.
If you would like to obtain a quote or purchase a Student Select medical plan now, click on the link below.